Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Thankful heart and Love

I am truly thankful in a "not taking it for granted" way.  I think often how blessed I am that my children are all in good health, even as they had a cold here and there, they are in good health and that is so worthy of being thankful for.  As much as I think on that, I had not really been truly thankful for my own health.  Even with the things I have going on... I am able to raise my children and play games with them, I can hold them and hug them on my own.  I am so sympathetic to the many people on this planet who are not able to let their children know that they love them, not able to reach out and embrace them.  I am not saying this to gloat about my blessings but to maybe strike a chord with someone else who may be thinking too much on the literal split milk, dog pooh/puke, things ground into carpets, toilet paper out yet again...another week of barely making it financially, barely enough food, not enough time etc.  All these things add up and can cause such great stress but what we are told to do is

Philippians 4:8
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise—dwell on these things.


I used to think it was impossible to think on the lovely things for very long because I would be attacked again shortly...nothing has changed in the roller coaster of life ,no sooner do I think " a break"  then a catastrophe happens and there is no break and even worse I am up late to finish my daily chores...but even with all the things happening to me and around me, God has enabled me to see past the moment and still see something lovely to keep my focus on. 

I don't need perfect people or perfect circumstances to stay happy any longer.  I never had perfect people around me and never lived in perfect circumstances, and I don't have either of these things now, but what I do have is a little time following Christ, more trials in that time then some face in a lifetime and a lot of seeking Him through each trial.  Each time knowing the only thing I can do is work on me.  Even when it comes to parenting, I can't change my children all I can do is evaluate my parenting and measure it against what His perfect Word teaches and adjust accordingly.  I grant myself grace often and there will always be room to grow, and I will always allow growth.

Tonight I am praying for the men and women who just don't see how truly blessed they are and they are out seeking this world and the things in it, I am praying their hearts are softened and they take every moment and seize it as it were their last.  I am also praying for the men and women who are actually facing their last moments on this earth, even in knowing their heavenly Father is soon to be face to face with them, their heart is breaking for the time they will not have with their loved ones, moments they will miss that they had always dreamed of being a part of and cherishing. I pray they are strengthened and filled with His peace which passes all understanding and I pray that they have left a godly legacy which will live on.

This life is too short NOT to love everyone.  Don't just love the ones dear to you, reach out and love the ones who seem less lovable.  Hurting people hurt people...help heal the hurting people through Jesus.  Don't wait to forgive or say forgiveness cannot be granted.  Be healed from your own hurts.  We all need compassion.  Love a child who may have never known real love before, show them the Jesus in you.

God bless and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment