Wednesday, November 12, 2014

As if unto death???? NO as if unto the Lord

Ephesians 6:7

Serve with a good attitude, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that whatever good each one does, slave or free, he will receive this back from the Lord.

Colossians 3:23

23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ. 25 For the wrongdoer will be paid back for whatever wrong he has done, and there is no favoritism.
  
As I have said before, application is the issue for me.  I can "do no evil" but do it while looking like it's my finale day on death row.  I still have yet to master the art of "smiling through the pain" in some areas of my life.  I think it is the constant that drags the joy out of me...and I also believe that I will be joyful when I learn to be joyful through my pain. 

See it is a war.  A war between spirit and flesh, the spirit sings songs and reminds me, it is for the Lord  I must press on and push past the pain and BELIEVE that not only the works in me will be completed but also those in the people around me. While the spirit sings songs the flesh says, "don't smile, you can't smile, if a smile is seen then it will appear you are okay with this.  You can't make light of it." The music always wins out, but it also usually takes a good 15-30 minutes given the attack.

It takes enormous strength to stand in battle when you are attacked daily by the same things you are powerless to stop...at least quickly.  The only way to make the pain stop right away is to join the losing side and though it would seem I was victorious for a moment, eternity is what is at stake.

Still with knowing what is at stake and knowing what is required of me, I still have a hard time smiling, and it is not even that I have to smile like an idiot while people walk all over me, it's that I can't allow myself to lose my joy and walk around with the look of defeat all over me. 

Praise be to God, He is mighty to save and I am so thankful for His grace and mercy.  I am also thankful for the way He set things up to remind me of His goodness and faithfulness.  God gave me a gift and that gift cannot go without the other piece of what I am standing in prayer for.  I was reminded of that information in the darkness I faced today. It would be like working long and hard in the blazing hot sun only to come inside to a sauna and be handed an empty glass. I am standing in prayer for my "cool air and glass of water".  I can't let the look on my face ruin my refreshment. 


May integrity and what is right watch over me, for I wait for You. Psalm 27:14

Wait for the Lord; be strong and courageous. Wait for the Lord. 
Lord I praise You for all that You are and I pray for myself and all who need this as well, may we learn joy in the midst of trial, and know we are victorious.  Our doing right and standing strong in Your Word is what is required of us, and we are doing that and all will be well with us.  When we are feeling low may we remember all that You have done and all of Your promises.  Your Word does not return void Lord and I thank you for that.  I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.

 
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment